User experience is an important part of developing an app or a website. Okay, that’s understating it a bit, but that’s not the point. Between high expectations from users, a ton of competition on the market, and low entry requirements, UX designers need to be able to make a system that stands out from the rest.
Easier said than done, of course, but a good first step is to know what techniques, tactics, and strategies work best. For those looking for pointers, here’s a couple.
It’s all about experience
The number one reason why apps, systems, and web pages get deleted or tossed aside in favor of others? Technical issues. For UX designers, this means that they need to consider the customer experience throughout all the phases of their products’ lifespans. That, of course, translates to examining how customers consider a product, then how they should be supported, upgraded, and interacted with, then, eventually, how they’ll replace or remove the product from use. Long convoluted processes with lots of hoops to jump through? No, those won’t work. Convenience is king.
Get a second opinion
Beta testers, partners, respondents; whatever you want to call them, they’re vital to your development process. Feedback is important, so having users around who can provide it is very useful to have for your ideas. Remember to get a good sample size however, as different people have different tastes; getting a good sample size will let you narrow things down to the most commonly sought after UX elements.
Function AND fashion
One of the most important parts of any UX design is performance. Nothing short of near-perfect will suffice, and even then, as every second matters on the internet. If your page or system takes more than a couple of seconds to load, then people will think there’s issues and walk away. As UX designers, you shouldn’t forget to ensure that the system runs properly, which means testing it in real-world conditions, with 4G, 3G, and Wi-Fi.
Clean and simple
Less is more. Making the UX as simple and clean as possible, without being bland and uninteresting, is key to making it successful. Users should, at all times, be aware of where they are in the page or the system, regardless of whatever recent actions or navigational changes they might have made.
The success of your business transaction has something to do with how you transact with the freight company. For instance, the cost of freight that would be collected from you will depend on the information you provide when you send a quote form. To make a correct transaction that is faster and accurate, take a look at these tips.
- Instead of sending a request for a proposal from the freight company, indicate your needs and inform the company. They will the use the information as their basis in creating a customized cost estimate for you. Indicate your expected lead time, the type of freight size that you need, the address where the goods are to be delivered, the volume of goods, frequency, and the type of goods to be delivered and your preferred payment terms.
- If you will need regular or frequent shipping of goods because of the nature of your business, it would be practical to hire a single company, such as Titan Transline for all your shipping and transport of goods needs. This will keep you from transacting with several companies which can consume your time and energy.
- Take a closer look at the options and coverage being offered by the company. If they can offer customization to meet your specific trucking needs, it would be better. Conduct a good research to find out where you can save and get the best value for your money.
- Find out about the container transport company’s background, such as their reliability, operational advantages, contingency plans in case of calamities or road accidents, handling of customer complaints and if they can deliver rush orders.
- Aside from filing a quote form, call the container transport company to talk about your service requirements.
- Read carefully and thoroughly, including the fine prints when you receive the service contract. If you have questions, call the service provider for clarifications.
- Find out if the company, such as the Titan Transline allows you to transact online through their online system or if you can place your payment and check the transport status online.
The cost of the goods that will be delivered by FTL Dedicated Truckload Freight company will be affected by the accuracy of information you provide when you fill out the quote form. For instance, if you miss out to indicate that you are going to transport perishable goods, the trucking company would need to replace their truck in order to accommodate the perishable products. Changing trucks would require additional time, not to mention, an inconvenience on their part so the company would have to collect additional charge on you. This is why it is important to place accurate information on the quote form. To fill out the form accurately, take a look at these tips:
- Find out the exact weight and volume of the commodities that needs to be transported. The details will affect the size of the truck or container to be used for the transportation or delivery. This is one of the first few information that will be required by FTL Dedicated Truckload Freight company from you. This is also how the company will charge their service rates from you.
- Indicate if the goods will be delivered or if it will be picked up by a third party. You also have to provide the address where the goods will be delivered or picked up. This will help the transport company to determine the distance requirement for the delivery and collect fair charges for the service.
- Notify the company on the type of goods or commodities to be delivered. If you need air conditioned trucks, you would have to indicate this on the quote request. The same goes for fragile or valuable items to be delivered. This way, the trucking company would provide more caution in handling your goods. Some goods are considered contraband and the logistics company has the prerogative to decline the transport of items that are considered illegal.
- Indicate the type of goods requires transportation such as crates, containers, pallets, huge boxes and others.
- Inform the FTL Dedicated Truckload Freight company if you need special requirements for the delivery or pick up of your commodities such as huge or small trucks, low noise vehicle and other considerations.
Small businesses benefit the most from websites because they can generate awareness and build trust to their visitors without spending a fortune. For example, a dentist can explain the advantages of dental implants in the homepage so that potential patients will understand the process and decide whether it suits them best. The way that a website is designed can also influence visitors to make a decision.
In the 2000’s creative web design that dominated the web was created using Flash. However, in 2010 all that changed and Flash was wiped out in one swoop. In 2010, Google Creative Labs launched “The Wilderness Downtown” which is an interactive short film that utilized Google’s Chrome Browser, Google Maps and HTML5. This became the defining moment for the future of website design.
Google Chrome browser became the browser of choice for creative and cutting-edge websites. The Chrome Web Lab became an example of a digital future. It allows user to visit a Science Museum in London in real time through the browser.
By 2012, the landscape of web design further changed because brands assumed that they no longer required websites because they can reach their target audience through social media platforms. Facebook Pages has the ability to tap into its more than 1 billion active users, an incredible number during that time.
However, by 2014, Mozilla’s WebGL was established as a cutting-edge solution for visual prowess on desktops. With the release of iOS8, the public could finally be reached through mobile browsers. 2014 showed a glimpse of virtual reality on the web through WebVR via Oculus Rift. Meanwhile, Google also released its on DIY VR headset, the Google Cardboard.
While VR started to become interesting, Retina HD Displays on the IPhone 6 and 6+ was introduced to the world. More creativity started to happen outside the browser window with interactive work being taken to the real world with real time interaction.
When a person loses some of the teeth, it is very likely that he won’t be able to eat his favourite foods anymore. However with dental implants, a patient will regain his normal eating functions. A dental implant will be used to replace the missing root without impacting on the surrounding healthy teeth.
A lot of people have been trying DIY braces, especially those who want to lower their dental expenses. True enough, at-home kits for braces are easy and affordable, anyone who wants to have braces would be tempted to do away with an orthodontist and get a commercial DIY braces. If you are thinking about getting DIY braces, take a look at the following aspects to help you in your decision making.
Risk of infection
At-home teeth straightening kits use nonsterile materials that are unhygienic and are not even typically used in safe dental clinics. Some of these materials include rubber band, paper clips, super glue and hair elastics. With all the mentioned unhygienic materials that are not clinically approved to be used on teeth and gums, you can be sure that anyone who use them runs the risk of catching an infection. Another risk is the uncertainty on how the body will react to such foreign materials. Because the materials are not intended for dental use, there is no guarantee that the teeth will be corrected or straightened. Braces that are fitted by a qualified orthodontist may be higher in price but you can be sure of your safety and its efficacy.
Risk of pain
Although it is natural to experience pain and discomfort while wearing braces, the pain and discomfort one feels with at-home straightening kits are not associated with the teeth’s moving to the right direction. It can be due to infection or further tooth misalignment. DIY braces only cost $60 but it involves the risk of infection resulting to pain and further damage to your teeth. Unlike DIY braces, braces that are fitted by a licensed orthodontist may cause pain but you can be sure that its movement is going to the right direction.
Another risk of wearing DIY braces is the chance that your teeth will revert back to its original place or worse, it will move towards a different direction, more severe and misaligned than its original position. A licensed orthodontist recommends retainers after braces while at-home kits do not include retainers so the chance of relapse is high.