When the internet was introduced to the world, it grew like crazy. The same thing happened with mobile. These days, it is very difficult to find an individual that does not own a mobile device that is connected to the internet. The internet connected mobile gadget is now being used to access websites to find information on different products including services like boiler repairs, installations and general heating problems.
The boiler service industry addressed the overwhelming growth of mobile through responsive web design that works with any kind and size of device. Mobile users as well those who prefer to use their desktop and laptop are ensured of a gratifying experience.
Responsive web design has three components: flexible layouts, media queries and flexible media. The layout of a website that has a flexible grid can dynamically resize to any width. CSS3 has recently introduced new relative length units that are specifically related to the viewport size of a browser or mobile device.
When the flexible layout concept and formula is reapplied to all parts of the grid, a completely dynamic website can be created. However, the flexible layout is often not enough. Sometimes, the width of the browser viewport is too small that scaling the layout proportionally will create columns that are too small to effectively display content. Whenever the layout becomes too small or too large, text will become illegible or the layout will start to break. The solution is media queries for a better mobile experience.
Media queries were developed as extension to media types that are typically found when targeting or including styles. Media queries can provide the ability to specify different styles for individual browsers and devices. It can apply unique targeted styles that will open opportunities and leverage to responsive website design.
Consumers who are searching for boiler repairs can conveniently access websites that have been created through responsive web design because they are optimized across all devices. Consumers are assured that highly experienced and skilled heating engineers will offer fast and reliable response to any heating emergencies and boiler breakdowns. For your complete peace of mind all the engineers are Gas Safety certified.
Businesses that are involved in the e-commerce industry recognize the importance of responsive web design in this day and age. This is why companies such as Wheels Honda are also trying to implement the same technique with their website in order to drive more traffic to their site and to increase their conversion rate. For beginners, how do you go about making your site a responsive one?
In order to answer the question, it is the company’s job to understand how their visitors are utilizing their mobile devices. Do not rely on studies wherein the users accessed the internet with their desktop computers because how they view a website on their mobile is entirely different. It is recommended to conduct a survey for you to know why they prefer to use mobile devices when visiting websites and eventually analyse the elements and pages they visit often.
Once you have understood that part, you will be able to plan the website’s design. Begin with the wire frame and develop the visual design before hopping on to coding which is the challenging part. After you have created prototypes for your site, use different devices to check if it is responsive.
Do not lose your sight when it comes to navigation. This is often true as some website designers tend to focus on the aesthetics and the content alone without giving much thought to the website’s navigation. This is easier on desktop computers because all links can be visibly seen by the user while in mobile devices majority of the links are integrated into ahamburger icon. This can be a mistake since not everyone knows about the purpose of the icon therefore it is still advisable to provide visible links to important pages such as links to the products.
Lastly, do not forget to optimize the images in order for these to load properly on mobile devices. Images are important if you are selling products because customers will have a visual of what the item looks like. For companies like Wheels Honda that offer motorbikes for sale, images are crucial because buyers will never buy them unless they know how it looks.
The aim of the government is to serve the people therefore in this age of technology every department must have a website where public engagement can be initiated. The sad fact is that many people are complaining about the customer service provided by government agencies through their website. Though there are notable sites such as for businesses and entities processing their Ohio tax ID, many are still disappointed with other government sites. Here are a few things to ponder for government agencies and web designers partnering to create a government website.
- The stakeholders, both internal and external, should have a say regarding the website under construction. This means that everyone including employees, businesses, partners, citizens and concerned government organization should be a part of the planning process. Agencies know better who their target audience are and how to make accurate profiles for the users.
- The fault of many agencies is that they are projecting the need of the agency through the website when it should be the other way around. Therefore, the voice of the users should be considered and should be reflected in the website. To accomplish this, surveys should be conductedto know what the users want to achieve when they use the website of a specific agency.
- Studying the web analytics will help one get more information regarding user behavior, entrance and exit points in the site, content value and the devices used by the users accessing the site. These are important points that should be taken into account to know more about user goals.
- Card sort testing should be conducted to know how the website should be structured based on the browsing history of the users. Know the pages and information they usually get into and prioritize them accordingly for easier navigation in the future. Doing this will eventually increase customer satisfaction.
- For a government agency website, there is a need to do prototyping as well as user testing in order to know user interaction occurs on the website and to determine how the website can satisfy the need and expectations of the users.
- When businesses and entities visit a site to get Ohio tax ID, they are less interested in the graphics design but a home page that is focused on helping them accomplish their task would be ideal.
There are many scripting languages used in web design. This is essential in developing a web site for businesses and requires more work if the website is made with a goal to compare parcel delivery prices because coding is more complex.
With the rise of applications that are web compatible, scripting languages are also in demand. New scripting languages are developed to accommodate those who have basic knowledge regarding programming. Another factor that impacted the development of scripting languages is the evolving power of today’s computers. This means that the scripting language should also be able to keep up with these modern changes.
There are many advantages to today’s recently developed scripting languages such as ease of use and mastery, even the ones with no or basic knowledge in programming will be able to use it, complex tasks can be accomplished in just a few steps, there are many text editors available and running code is faster as well as editing it.
There are many elements in a webpage where scripting languages can be used. If you want to have rollovers on either the text or image, you can do so with scripting language. There are websites wherein popup windows are necessary such as inputting a date from a calendar this can be done by using Java applets or by installing ActiveX controls.
If the user has to fill out a form when they compare parcel delivery prices, you can place asterisk in fields that are required. If nothing is inputted in these fields, the form will not be submitted and an error message will prompt the user.